Collection of Your Personal Information:
National Black Movie Association may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your:
National Black Movie Association does not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to the organization. You may be required to provide personal information to NBMA when you elect to use certain products or services available on the organization’s site. These may include:
- Registering for our email database;
- Entering a contest sponsored by NBMA or one of the organization’s partners;
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
- Sending us an email message;
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when donating, ordering, and
- Purchasing products and services on the NBMA site.
The organization will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. The National Black Movie Association may also gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of Personal Information:
The National Black Movie Association collects and uses your personal information to operate its website and to deliver the services requested.
The National Black Movie Association may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from NBMA and its affiliates.
￼Sharing Information with Third Parties:
￼The National Black Movie Association does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties. The National Black Movie Association may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (email, name, address, telephone number) is transferred to the third party. The National Black Movie Association may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you an email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the National Black Movie Association and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The National Black Movie Association may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1.) Conform to law enforcement agencies or comply with legal process served on the National Black Movie Association or the site;
2.) Protect and defend the rights or property of National Black Movie Association, and
3.) Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of National Black Movie Association or the public.
Opt-Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties:
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
You have the right under District of Columbia Law and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt-out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt- out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information. However, you must submit written notice for the disclosure of your personal information. To opt out of the disclosure of your personal information, submit an email to email@example.com.
￼Tracking Use Behavior:
￼The National Black Movie Association may keep track of the website and pages our users visit within the site to determine what NBMA services are the most popular. The collected data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the site to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information:
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by National Black Movie Association. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service to maintain quality of the service and to provide general statistics regarding use of the NBMA website.
Right to Deletion:
Subject to certain exceptions set our below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, National Black Movie Association will:
- Delete your personal information from organization records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records
Please not that NBMA may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within he context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and the National Black Movie Association;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair error that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with federal, state, local and municipal privacy laws across the United States/
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adhere to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the deletion of information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your written consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the National Black Movie Association.
- Comply with existing legal obligation, or
- Otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children under Eighteen:
National Black Movie Association does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. If you are under the age of eighteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
Opt-Out and Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications:
The National Black Movie Association respects your privacy and gives you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of NBMA by contacting the organization via website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Black Movie Association welcomes your questions or comments
regarding the Statement of Privacy. Please contact NBMA at:
National Black Movie Association 80 M Street, SE
Washington, DC 20003-3250
Email Address: email@example.com
￼￼National Black Movie Association